Friday, January 03, 2014

2014 - The Wow is now!

The new year got here, and what did really happen.

In 2013, I lost my best friend.  He passed away from cancer.  He was only 6 months older than me.  I will miss my friend; however, I assisted his wife to find a new job that matches her skills and it has helped to improve her outlook on life in general - happiness is the way to celebrate life or the loss of one.

In the summer of this year, I changed jobs.  Not so much a career change, but definitely a new venue and a better command on what happens as my input is accepted and it is used positively.  For the last six months I have kicked back from a full on sales position to a sales engineering position where I design solutions in support of enterprise sales efforts.  Leaving engineering to go into sales, I learned many new things.

1. I was good at engineering, and that I was good at sales.
2. Engineering relationships is as intricate as designing software or hardware.
3. People will always be involved in every aspect of ones career, be positive and help them
4. Helping people is how they learn that you may be trusted.
5. Never betray a trust!

New job, better attitude, cool people to work with - Wow.  How can the rest of the year be anything but a positive rush?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home