Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Up and Over the Limit

Well all that poo about a job that was rotting my mind is now in the past.

On March 18, 2008, I was part of a group layoff. However, of the group, I am the quickest to recover and find a new job. My new position is in software of all things. Software sales and system solution engineering:

The new position is the head of sales engineering. I have used this software as a vendor since 2000, so I am familiar with how it works, what it is capable of, and how to implement it in various communication systems. The exciting thing now is to move forward, and to move fast. I can't say that the layoff surprised me. I had seen the numbers for a long while, and as we all know the numbers tell the truth. Well at least the numbers pushed the drastic measure button where I used to work. But the future does indeed look bright, and I am setting out to make the next 90 days a most adventurous time in my life and for that of my family.

The new job is based in Connecticut, and we will eventually move (pending the sale of a house in a down market). The we is the wife and I as the son is at the threshold of college and the start of his own life. So, I now have excitement, financial ruin, and work all coming at me at the same time, and I have to say that it really feels sort of OK. Let me get the new job going and the kid in school and then I'll post some new feelings.

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger don_mecca said...

Excellent post. And I am wishing you well - in your new adventures!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger don_mecca said...

Are you in Connecticut yet? Sold your house in GA? Howd the deal go in this market? Whats new WHATS NEW?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home